Sunday, January 2, 2011

The holidays flew by! A little catch up on us...

I just don't remember Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's going by so quickly?  I guess the old saying is true about time and age...you know the one.  :) 

So to catch you up on our life....Nate and I have had a pretty low key holiday season.  We spent Thanksgiving at our house, just the two of us.  It was a very quiet and calm day!  Thank you to Boston Market for making our Thanksgiving dinner! :)  We spent the rest of the break putting up Christmas decorations.  Luckily for us, I have amazing grandparents that passed their decorations down to us, otherwise it would have been a pretty sad looking around our house.  I absolutely loved our tree and the smell of Christmas's past that it brought with it!!




Making sure I wouldn't fall? 
Nate trying to calm Bella for pictures
Nate exasperated with my request for additional lights...
Love this picture!
Finished product! 

The next big event over the holidays for us was a post-wedding lingerie shower held for me by two very sweet friends, Jennifer and Lisa.  I was honored that Jenn and Lisa would do this, and Nate was super excited too! Hehe!  Also, it was one of the first times we officially entertained in our house.  Super fun and exciting for us - now we just need to do more entertaining because it was fun!  We had a great time with my mom, mother-n-law and sweet girl friends.  (Side notes:  So glad that you were able to drive up from Houston Jena! I hope to see you and Jamie for a girl's time soon! Had a great time visiting with Lisa Friday night and Saturday night - can't believe it has been 3 years since we were roommates! A big thanks to my mother-n-law, Rilla, for coming for a week to help us with random house stuff, lots of cleaning, and to be here for the shower.  We love when you are here with us!!)  Back to the shower -We were all able to catch up, hang out, and tell great stories.  Here are a few pics of the day... 

The beverage area
The food table - so pretty!
The sitting area - soon we will have more
comfortable chairs and more seating...

The beautiful hosts - Jenn (on left), Lisa (on right)
All the girls 
Miss you, Lee! 
Mom and I
Rilla and I

A few days after the shower, we packed up and headed to Jonesboro, AR to spend Christmas with Nate's family for a week!  We were so happy to spend time in Arkansas with our family and friends that we don't get to see too often and were so blessed to be surrounded with love and hospitality throughout our visit.  A big Christmas present from our Father upstairs was snow all day on the 25th!  It didn't stick, but it was gorgeous! Here are a few pics from our time there....

The beautiful table for brunch at Rilla and Bill's 


The group enjoying our yummy brunch!! 

Bill and Connor

Nate and Casey opening gifts

Not sure, but it must have been funny!

Nate with my stocking! 
                                         
                                                       Bella meets a horse...she didn't care for horses too much. 

Nate, Grandpa Ed, Gary, Casey

The men and their wives - me, Emily, Christina

The infamous kiss picture

Brothers

We are all so cute! 

Duck Hunting! The Boys and their dad.
Casey's birthday! 

Being silly....

That's all folks!! :)  Happy New Year!!

1 comment: